You're It

you're it.
you're the first step to the rest of my life
but it's not a typical step
i'm not going to step on you
and pass you
and never look back
i'm bringing the step with me
you're the breath of oxygen i need
right before i go underwater
and you're the one that pulls me up
if i drown
you're the stone foundation
i'm meant to grow around
and build myself from
you're the new chapter
but the best one in the book
your'e it.
you're the moon
and all of her stars
as they light up the night
but you're also the sun
encouraging everything in your reach
to flourish and thrive
i finally understand the love songs
why they were written
the force behind those words
how wonderful life is, now you're in the world
you're it.
i love you and want you to be the one i end my days with
i had already thought that
but now i have no doubts in my mind
this is it. you're it.
you're the prince coming to rescue
the damsel in every fairytale ever written
the knight in shining armor
the romeo to my juliet
the ryan reynolds to my blake lively
you're it.
you're it.
you're it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crave

Unconditional

Four Years, Try Again